The Enthusiast’s Guide to Travel Photography: 55 Photographic Principles You Need to Know teaches you what you need to know in order to shoot great images when you’re on the road, whether for a two-week vacation or a weekend getaway. Photographer and author Jordana Wright covers planning your journey, the gear and equipment you’ll need, and how to shoot great shots of landscapes, details, portraiture, wildlife, urban environments, food, and more.
Chapters are broken down into numbered lessons, with each lesson providing all you need to improve your travel photography. Lessons include:
- 23. What Makes This Place So Special?
- 33. Color as the Subject
- 35. Street Photography
- 39. Taking Mouth-Watering Photographs
- 47. Architecture
- 50. Nighttime Cityscapes
Written in a friendly and approachable manner and illustrated with examples that drive home each lesson, The Enthusiast’s Guide to Travel Photography is designed to be effective and efficient, friendly and fun. Read an entire chapter at once, or read just one topic at a time. With either approach, you’ll quickly learn a lot so you can head out with your camera to capture great shots.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1: The Philosophy of Travel Photography
- Chapter 2: Plan Your Journey
- Chapter 3: Gear and Equipment
- Chapter 4: See the Landscape
- Chapter 5: Find the Details
- Chapter 6: The Human Element
- Chapter 7: Lifestyle Photography
- Chapter 8: Wildlife and Adventure
- Chapter 9: Urban Photography
- Chapter 10: Home Again